Scientists Discover Gene Tied To Profound Vision Loss | Eurekalert! Science News

Research and Markets: Global Automotive Night Vision Systems (NVS) Market 2015-2019 with Autoliv, Bendix Commercial Vehicles Systems & Robert Bosch Dominating – Yahoo Finance

“Right now, we address the symptoms of the disease and help patients make the most of their existing vision.” For approximately three decades, Daiger, a member of the Human Genetics Center at the UTHealth School of Public Health, has been following the progress of hundreds of families across the country with retinitis pigmentosa. “We’ve found the cause of disease in 80 percent of the families we have studied,” Daiger said. “Our goal is to find the cause in the remaining 20 percent.” Equipped with the genetic profiles of family members, Daiger’s team has identified differences in the genetic makeup of those with the disease. The researchers also use family histories and DNA tests to glean information about the condition’s hereditary nature.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-01/uoth-sdg011515.php

Increase in demand from emerging markets is one of the major trends upcoming in the market. Demand for vehicles installed with advanced safety features especially night vision system is increasing because of the strong economic conditions and improving financial status of consumers. According to the report, one of the major drivers in the market is increasing safety concerns because the driver is not able to see pedestrians and animals at night, which leads to accidents. Hence, the need for advanced safety systems, especially NVS, in automobiles has increased, forcing vehicle manufacturers to install NVS in vehicles.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://finance.yahoo.com/news/research-markets-global-automotive-night-102500336.html

How David Blatt plans to survive – and ultimately thrive – in NBA’s toughest job – Yahoo Sports

LeBron James scored 36 points in the Cavs

, sharing its plan for the future of the downtown and riverfront areas. Thursday night marked the first citywide forum on the issue. Most of plan focuses on increasing the number of people living downtown and reach the citys critical mass for further retail and business investment. Another big part of the plan is restoring the Grand River, somethingDowntown Grand Rapids, Inc., has been working on closely with the Restore the Rapids initiative. Tim Kelly of GR Forward says theres going to be a real emphasis on making the river an essential focal point of the downtown area. Nothing presented Thursday is set in stone, but Kelly said its an important next step in the process to ensure everyone with a stake in downtown can feel satisfied with the final result.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://fox17online.com/2015/01/15/gr-forward-presents-future-vision-for-downtown-grand-rapids/

GR Forward presents future vision for downtown Grand Rapids | Fox17

Every glance, twitch, gets glorified and magnified. I just let it go. There’s nothing I can do about it.” For all the criticism, all the verbiage that’s come Blatt’s way, only one truly troubled him: the idea that his top assistant, Ty Lue, had been calling timeouts behind the head coach’s back. First of all, Blatt delegated to Lue the authority to originate the call for timeouts when the staff deemed necessary.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-david-blatt-plans-to-survive—-and-ultimately-thrive—-in-nba-s-toughest-job-222320424.html